Monday, April 18, 2011

Power Breakfast

I have been living in a war zone for two weeks now at my house, dodging landmines sick family members, while disinfecting everything like crazy.  The kitchen has been my safe zone so far, since the landmines sick family members, have mostly infiltrated the rest of the house.  Lucky me.  Arming myself with power-sustaining foods to attack the front lines, has been the key to my success so far.  I was suprisingly stuffed after eating just two of these breakfast bar bad boys.  Once again, many thanks to Love Veggies and Yoga for the inspiration!

Power Breakfast Bars

5 lg - xl Bananas, mashed
4 Cups Gluten-Free Old-fashioned Rolled Oats (I used Bob's Red Mill)
1/2 Cup Ground Flaxseed Meal
2 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 - 1/2 Cup So Delicious Coconut Milk
2 Cups Frozen Blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas.  Next, add the rest of the ingredients, except for the blueberries.  Mix well.  Lastly, fold in the blueberries.  Coat two loaf pans with cooking spray, and evenly divide the batter between the two pans.  Press mixture into the pans.  Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the batter sets up.  Allow the mixture to finish setting up in the pans, on top of the oven.  Turn out loaves to cool on a wire baking rack.  Slice each loaf and serve.  (I yielded 7 slices per loaf.)  Refigerate leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment