Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Contemplations

I've struggled to write for some time, as all bloggers do, I guess. This post leaves me in a conundrum of sorts, as it's a very personal account of what's been on my mind. So, think of it more as a diary writing.

This past year, I've really struggled with the whole "finding myself" situation. A lot of people struggle with it at some point in their lives, I know, but it seems to have hit me exceptionally hard this past year. There are several factors which support this, including me turning 40 in 16 days, being jobless for 4 years, and having kids so far apart in age...one a soon to be Sophmore in high school, one a soon to be 2nd Grader. I am super thankful for my husband who works tiredly without complaint and still quietly listens to all my "problems" of each day. 

However, we are not without our share of troubles, in the whole big grand scheme of things. I've been trying super hard to keep a positive front, but I feel like I've hit my emotional wall with the world lately. I feel like all the balls I've been juggling, are about ready to come crashing down. Some would call it my "mid-life crisis", but it's more than that. I want to do something more, have that full-filling job, be available for my family, and still be able to volunteer as well as full-fill my position with The Gridiron Club. Is that asking too much? As of right now, I have the time to fulfill most of those because I'm not working. And there lies the problem.

Right now, school is about to start. Sports fees, school fees, school clothes (not even remotely the expensive kind), school supplies, bills, the mortgage, a broken garage door, fall and winter fast approaching in the mountains, and our continual mold problem with the house, which is I swear making everyone sick. Feeling trapped while trying to do fundraising for others, when I secretly wish it was for a new house for us. Depressed by the whole situation. And still trying to keep a positive front with our family and the world. Where does it end? When does it get better? I wish I knew, but in the meantime, I'll keep plugging along, taking care of things and everyone, and hoping for a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment